Vintage Speedo Hunks. Want to see your favorite celebrities from decades past rocking their Speedo swimsuits? Of course you do! Who wouldn’t want to stroll down memory lane?
If you are older, we hope this post will remind you of your favorite celebs back then. If you are younger, well, we hope this serves as an introduction to Speedo swimsuit history. Hehe. Question: By just looking at these vintage Speedo photos, would you say that there’s a notable difference in the way guys back then wear their Speedos compared to the way guys wear their swimsuits now?
Anyhoo, let’s start our list of Vintage Speedo Hunks with the hunkiest of them all 1) Lorenzo Llamas. How gorgeous is he? Did girls back then swoon over him in the same way girls nowadays are swooning over Zac Efron?
2) George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley of the band Wham do some piggybacking at the beach.
3. What’s Sir Cliff Richard doing sitting there on the beach? Can any of you read what he’s written? [See a better Speedo photo of Sir Cliff in an earlier post: Singers in Speedos.]
4. Is singer Rod Stewart also a sir like Sir Cliff? Oh, Sir Rod! That’s what Tyra would call “overposing”.
5. Model-turned-actor Lyle Waggoner poses like a body-building contestant in his skimpy swimsuit. Come to think of it, maybe he’s participating in a bodybuilding contest?
6. John Travolta in a pair of white Speedo suit. He was so young back then and so happy.
7. Actor Robert Conrad is old-school gorgeous. This is our favorite photo of the bunch. What he’s looking at intrigues us.
8. Sir Thomas Jones Woodward aka Tom Jones. He can give that Hasselhoff guy a run for his Baywatch money.
9. The beautiful French actor Alain Delon from the movie La Piscine. This is our second favorite photo.
10. Like Lorenzo Llamas in the first photo above, actor Gregory Harrison is participating in the Battle of the Network Stars which, sadly, TV networks are not doing these days.
So what do you think of these vintage Speedo hunks? Who of these guys is your favorite? Tell us in the comment section.
Want more guys in swimsuits? Check out these Soap Opera Stars in Speedos.