Rolex Submariner Watch: Real vs Fake, Genuine vs Replica. We’ve been blogging about Rolex Submariner watches for some time now and we think its about time we do a post on how you can tell the real or genuine Rolex watch from the fake or replica version. It’s really hard to determine which Rolex is fake and which is real but here are some tips/pointers from the Daily Mail which could guide us in our search for the right stuff.
Strikingly similar- but which Rolex Submariner is genuine and which is the fake?
THE TELL-TALE SIGNS
1. Rolex watches are fitted with a sapphire crystal (the glass face of the watch) that can only be scratched with a diamond.
2. The ‘cyclops’ date window in a real version is dead centred above the number.
3. The quality of the printing on the dial should be perfect, with indicators and type evenly spaced and no fuzzy edges.
4. The genuine Rolex movement sweeps smoothly round at about 28,800 revs per hour – each second is broken down into eight steps. Even when a fake uses a Swiss-made movement, the second hand’s ticking is usually visibly jerky.
5. Over where ‘Swiss made’ appears, the brand’s logo is laser-etched into the crystal. In a genuine Rolex, this is made
up of hundreds of dots set at different heights throughout the crystal (so it doesn’t create a weakness in the glass) and as such is barely visible – to see it clearly you have to look through a loupe (the small magnifying glass used by jewellers and watchmakers).
6. If you remove a Rolex bracelet you should find the watch’s case number and model number engraved on the side at six o’clock and 12 o’clock .
We hope the above pointers help. Want more celebrity men’s watches? Go check out our post on Roger Federer Rolex.
Rolex Submariner Watch: Real vs Fake, Genuine vs Replica. Posted in Mens Watches.