Roger Federer Rolex Watch Collection. Are you wondering about the specific kind of Rolex watch that tennis great Roger Federer wears? Well, we made a list of Federer’s Rolex watch collection to help you wonder no more. Check ’em out:
Federer Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT Master II: Let’s begin with this print advertisement featuring Roger and his Rolex GMT Master II. (Want more celebrities wearing Rolex watches?)
Federer Rolex Milgauss Watch: Roger and his Rolex Milgauss.
Hmmm, how does one pronounce “Milgauss”? Thankfully, the denizens of rolexforums.com have discussed this issue before. It began with this query:
Question: I met a guy with a stunning 116400 GV Milgauss, with its striking Green Sapphire crystal and black face with orange markers. Seen it before in ADs but never before in the wild.
He pronounced it “Mil-gouse”, rhymes with ‘house’. I always assumed since it is to be highly resistive to magnetic forces, which can be measured in the unit of Gauss, it would be pronounced ‘Mil-goss’, rhymes with ‘boss’. How do the TRF members pronounce Milgauss?
And here are the answers given by those in the know:
- Gauss is pronounced gous (as in house) so I have pronounced Milgauss as the person you met.
- I always say mil ‘gauze’ like the hospital bandages but maybe I’ve been mispronouncing!
- Gauss = gouse (rhymes with house).
Milgauss = mil-gouse (rhymes with house)
- Back when I was in Uni, the electrical engineering professors pronounced Gauss as “Gouse” (ala ‘House’). So I agree that it is ‘Mil-Gouse’. Can’t argue with the professors I guess!
- Mostly I hear Americans pronounce it `goss although I believe the correct pronunciation, as others have said, is like house because this is the German pronunciation of the name of the German scientist that the name derives from.
So there you go, Famewatchers. You now know how to pronounce Milgauss!
Federer Rolex Oyster Perpetual Yacht Master II Regatta Chronograph: Look who’s finally got himself a French Open trophy? What about winning a second one, Raj?
Federer Rolex Sky Dweller Watch: A smiling Federer meets the press during the 2013 French Open while wearing his Rolex Sky Dweller 326135 watch.
Roger Federer Rolex Day-Date II: A teary-eyed Federer raises his trophy after his Wimbledon 2012 victory. He is, as you can see, wearing a Rolex Day-Date II watch.
Federer Rolex Daytona Cosmograph Watch: Posing for an advert in his suit and his Rolex Daytona Cosmograph. He sure is as dapper as James Bond.
Federer Rolex Oyster Perpetual Yachtmaster II: Posing in a print ad for Rolex Yachtmaster II.
Roger Federer Rolex Datejust Watch: Roger is wearing a Rolex Datejust watch during the award ceremony following his Australian Open 2010 victory.
Watch our for more Roger Federer Rolex Watch collection in a future post.
Roger Federer Rolex Watch Collection published 3 November 2015. Updated 16 February 2017.