Are men starting to ditch boxers underwear and board shorts for something tighter and more revealing? British guys are doing so, apparently, inspired by Daniel Craig in James Bond as well as David Beckham and David Gandy’s skimpy underwear ads.
Says Lizzie Singleton, of retail company Debenhams:
“We are calling this the ‘Beckham Boost’. Men are clearly taking David Beckham’s lead and opting for tight trunks as opposed to billowy board shorts. Guys are taking the opportunity to bare more than ever before due to the recent warm weather and preparation for the annual Great British getaway, as thousands prepare to jet off abroad in coming weeks. It is encouraging to see guys are looking to Beckham and Craig for style inspiration.”
We are not sure if the Beckham effect which has been noted Britain is also happening in the U.S. and other parts of the world but those of you who are looking for bikini-style swimwear will be happy to note that Nordstrom has a 33% off discount sale (down to $60.3 from its original price of $90) for this sexy Parke & Ronen ‘Meridian’ Bikini Swim Briefs.
Some details about the Meridian bikini swimwear (via Nordstrom):
“Ultraslim, bikini-cut swim briefs offer full support and create a barely there tan line when sunning poolside. Drawstring closure. 80% nylon, 20% spandex. Machine wash cold, line dry. Made in the USA.”
If you are more interested in bikini underwear rather than swimwear, you might want to check out this Calvin Klein Micromodal Bikini Briefs also at Nordstrom. Unfortunately, this one is not discounted. But you can have it for its regular price of $24.
Mens Bikini Briefs Sale. For discounted bikini underwear, you might want to check out a Jockey store because they have reduced prices for, among others, the Jockey Elance String Bikini, the Jockey Fashion Stretch Low-Rise Bikini, and the Jockey Sport Mesh String Bikini.
The Jockey Elance String Bikini (2 Pack) is currently on sale for $9.99 from its original price of $19.50.
More on the Jockey Elance String Bikini:
- step into style with our Elance® string bikini
- men’s underwear features a modern, no-fly design for support
- made with 100% cotton for all day comfort
- low-rise fit and thin sides provide moderate coverage and lay smoothly against skin
- Jockey Elance string bikini underwear comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
- waistband features white Jockey® logo
- fabric Content: 100% cotton. Machine wash and dry.
Jockey® Fashion Stretch Low-Rise Bikini Sale: Like the Jockey Elance String Bikini above, you can buy a pack of 2 Jockey Fashion Stretch Low-Rise Bikini for only $9.99, down from its original price of $19.50.
Some details of the Stretch Low-Rise Bikini Underwear:
- enjoy style and comfort in our men’s fashion stretch bikini
- bikini has a modern, no-fly to provide exceptional support
- made with soft, cotton-stretch fabric that is lightweight and breathable
- fabric covered waistband reduces shifting
- bikini offers moderate coverage
- fabric Content: 95% cotton/5% spandex. Machine wash and dry.
Jockey Sport Mesh String Bikini is on sale for $9.99 from its original price of $16. [Want more Jockey underwear? Check out these Jockey Male Underwear Models.]
Additional info on the Jockey Sport Mesh String Bikini:
- keep cool while performing your best in this string bikini
- no-fly construction for maximum support
- ultra-smooth, quick-dry microfiber fabric blend with mesh panels provide a breathable fabric
- low-rise styling with moderate coverage
- Jockey® sport mesh athletic underwear comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
- fabric Content: 92% nylon/ 8% spandex. Machine wash and dry.
Wondering about the price of other mens bikini briefs by other brands? Well, our friend Kevin’s favorite bikini briefs, the 2xist Pro-Sliq Briefs, will cost you $24.
More about the 2xist Pro-Sliq Briefs from 2xist: “A streamlined Brief engineered in performance-enhanced Stretch-Fle(X) Wicking Fabric and featuring a smooth, snag-free body, super-low rise, and a boosting Ultra-Contour Pouch. Blend of 89% Nylon and 11% Spandex.”
Meanwhile, this Gelato Bubblegum Bikini Underwear by Aussiebum is, at $18.76, is cheaper than the 2xist Pro-Sliq but is more expensive than the three discounted Jockey items above.
More about the Gelato Bubblegum Bikini (from aussiebum.com): “Cotton underwear in contrast bright ice cream inspired colours with bold waistband details. Classic, durable and timeless, ‘Gelato’ is the underwear that every man should own! Fabric: Blend of 90% Cotton and 10% Elastane. Gentle machine wash in cold water. Do not tumble dry. Do not dry clean. Cool iron.”
Watch out for updates to our mens bikini briefs sale information post. Want more men in bikini?