Have you found an imaginary reality-TV boyfriend on the 5th season of The Voice already? Our friend Deena has found her reality-TV beau in the person of Matt Cermanski who, according to a spoilers’ list on MJs Big Blog, made it to the Top 48 of the hottest singing competition in town. Here’s a pic of Matt we grabbed from his Twitter account. He’s really cute so we’re not wondering why Deena is crushing on him. Hehe.
Id you watched Season Four, you might remember Matt as the cutie who sang Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream which, as pointed out by the judges, was the wrong song choice for him. From the NY Daily News’ recap of Matt’s The Voice audition last season:
Proving that risky song choices don’t always work, Matt Cermanski from Phoenixville, Penn., arrived at “The Voice” stage. The 19-year-old chose to sing Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” and it proved the wrong choie. His key was off and the mentors were confused as to whether it was a man or a woman singing.
This time there were no surprises when none of the judges turned around. Still, Shelton tried to ease Cermanski’s pain by joking with him when the song was over saying, “You are pretty without make up.” In the end, it was just the wrong song choice and he left the stage.
This time around, Deena’s crush must have learned his lesson and picked a song that suits him because as mentioned above he apparently landed a team. We hope it’s Team Adam!
Here’s a video of Cermanski singing his original song, This Train. The song is pretty good, no?
Now, here are some things you might want to know about Matt Cermanski:
1. He headlines a band called The Matt Cermanski Band. Here’s a live performance by the band of a song called Empty House. Other members of the band are: Eliot Reisz (keys/vocals), Jamie Camburn (bass/vocals), Shane Riling (lead guitar), and Matt Sharayko (drums).
2. He’s a sophomore at the Montgomery County Community College where he’s studying liberal arts.
3. A song written by Matt called “Chapter One”, was released as a single by the Grammy-winning disco and soul band, The Trampps. Apparently, one of the band’s current members keyboardist Ed Cermanski is Matt’s uncle.
4. Does Matt have a girlfriend? We don’t know. But we found this pic on his Twitter account. A fan asked Matt whether the girl is “his GF” but our Mattie didn’t respond which gives our friend Deena some hope.
5. A pic for those of you looking for a shirtless Matt Cermanski. You know who you are. Hehe.
We hope Matt not only make it to the Top 48 but also make it all the way to the live rounds. Deena will be vewwy vewwy happy should that happen.