Alexei Kovalev Shirtless Hockey Player: Ottawa Senators. What did Russian hunk and NHL hockey player do to get his shirt wet? Or is that all sweat? Mmm, we like us our sweaty guys but only if its fresh sweat and not “dried up turned smelly” sweat.
Anyhoo, for those of you who are not into hockey, Alexei Kovalev is a Russian hockey player (like Ilya Kovalchuk) who’s presently with the Ottawa Senators. He also played for the Montreal Canadiens, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the New York Rangers, with whom he was originally drafted. Hockey fans call him “Kovy”, “AK-27” and “L’artiste”.
Non-hockey fans call him “Mr. Nice Abs”. Okay, we made that up but he does have nice abs, no?
Alexei, for those of you who are wondering, is married to former professional international tennis star Eugenia Kovalev. The couple have two kids named Nikita and Ivan.
Alexei boasts of a distinguished career in hockey. He was a part of the USSR team which won the gold medal in the Albertville 1992 Winter Olympics. Wikipedia also lists the following in his “Accomplishments” section:
- Won the Stanley Cup with the New York Rangers in 1994.
- Named NHL Offensive Player of the Week for November 6–12, 2000; November 5–11, 2001.
- Played in the NHL All-Star Game in 2001, 2003 and 2009.
- Named NHL Player of the Month in February 2001.
- Named the World Championship Best Forward in 2005.
- Won the Molson Cup (monthly) in November 2005, November 2007, December 2007, January and February 2008.
- Won the Molson Cup (season) in 2008.
- Won The Hockey News’ Saku Koivu Award (comeback player of the year) in 2008.
- Named to the NHL Second All-Star Team in 2008.
- Won the NHL All-Star Game MVP Award in 2009.
- Named the NHL 1st Star of the Week for March 30–April 5, 2009.
Surely he is a very accomplished hockey hunk, no? After all, they don’t call him L’artiste for nothing.
Alexei Kovalev Shirtless Hockey Player: Ottawa Senators. Posted 29 September 2009.